Moe Introduces 3 Fun, Easy, Healthy Meals
What’s better than using the slow cooker to prepare a delicious dish? Using the slow cooker to prepare a delicious dish that serves 3 easy, healthy meals! In this video, Moe shows how to prepare a mouthwatering slow cooker brisket sofrito that can be used for 3 different meals.
3 Easy, Healthy Meals
Easy, Healthy Meal #1: Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
Makes 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 3 pound Brisket
- 2 teaspoon salt, plus extra after cooking
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus extra after cooking
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 – ounce jar tomato Sofrito
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili (or more for an extra kick)
- Season brisket on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place onion and garlic in a 3 and 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker. Place brisket on onions and garlic, fat side up. Pour Sofrito over brisket and sprinkle chipotle chili over sauce. Cover and cook on low 9 – 10 hours or until brisket is fork tender.
- Carefully remove brisket from cooker with as little sauce as possible. Place on cutting board and cut into three pieces cross grain. Shred beef with two forks and return to cooker. Stir into sauce and season with salt and pepper (and a little more chipotle seasoning if you like it spicy).
Easy, Healthy Meal #2: Breakfast Tacos
Makes 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito (or other shredded beef)
- 4 eggs
- 4 flour tortillas
- Toppings: salsa, shredded cheese, cilantro, onion
- Heat leftover Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito and scramble eggs.
- Fill tortillas with Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito, eggs and desired toppings.
Easy, Healthy Meal #3: Sofrito Salad
Makes 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Slow Cooker Brisket Sofrito
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 hearts of romaine, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Whisk dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad ingredients. Enjoy!
Book an appointment today to see how you can incorporate this and other healthy meals into your everyday routine.