Kid-Friendly Fruit Kabobs Recipe
We had so much fun making these! It was a great activity, allowing us to spend time together, while prepping tomorrow’s snack!
You can swap out the fruit for whatever you happen to have in the fridge, which makes this a super versatile recipe.
If the fruit is soft enough, kids can cut it with a plastic knife, so they can be involved, even in the prep. Let them cut up the fruit, rip the bagel, and have fun sticking each piece on the skewer!
- 2 1X1” cubes of watermelon
- 2 1×1” cubes of cantaloupe
- 2 raspberries
- 2 halves of a grape
- 2 segments of a whole wheat bagel
- Vanilla yogurt
- Plastic knife
Time: 25 minutes
Other variations: Try this recipe with different fruits (strawberries, pineapple, etc.)
By making this recipe, your child is learning these skills:
- Cut fruit into bite size pieces
- Tear or cut the bagel into bite size pieces
- Stack the fruit and bagel pieces in alternating order on the skewer
- Dip the skewers into the yogurt
If you end up making this with your kids, let us know how it goes!